Saturday

Free Saturday

Yippee - it's a free Saturday!  I haven't posted in weeks because I've been so busy.  The best part of the past month was a trip to NY to be creative for ONE WEEK straight.  We go every year to this Fiber Art retreat, held at a SUNY, in the middle of nowhere New York.  And I mean nowhere - Karen and I went to buy a bottle of wine in town and found out the place to buy alcohol was the next town over - 10 miles away!!  Yikes!  Well it was a fabulous time, as always, even if we had to beg wine off our dorm friends ;)  Our class was heavy on design and color theory and I felt like some of it finally sank into my thick brain.  The four of us are using Art Quilt Workbook as our yearly challenge - this time I may actually do the challenge!!  I worked a bit on the exercises this morning and have narrowed my theme choice down to three.  I'm going to spend the rest of the day thinking about a color palette and also gather ideas about the three themes - then make a final decision.

No comments: