Thursday

Valentine's Day Countdown 3...2....1

One of my favorite holidays - everyone needs a bit of love. I know that the mass marketing of Vday is grim - who wants a stuffed bear that says I love you? But the idea behind it - a day of love and gratitude and more love (and chocolate!) - is a good one. I've always made my own and when Nic was growing up we always exchanged - I've kept a lot of Valentines I've received over the years - some have been cut into for new creative projects but many are taken out each year and loved all over again. Each year I've made Tom a handmade Valentine and they are scattered around the nest - all year round. This year I'm thinking about making some paper fortune cookies with some romantic sentiments. I've saved a take out box decorated with Vday graphics and I think this is the year to use it. I'll post some photos later today.

No comments: